- Automated, near real-time In Transit Visiblity (ITV) of materiel and equipment worldwide
- Meet DOD Shipping Requirements
- Support multi-national information sharing by the DoD with NATO and coalition partners
- Generate data that is shared with 20 DoD systems
- Provide AIT services that enhance information management systems
HOW WE DO IT
RF-ITV uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) devices to support the dissemination of In-Transit Visibility (ITV) information required by the Department of Defense (DOD), coalition partners, and allies of the United States.
By using RFID tags on shipments of supplies and equipment, the RF-ITV system traces the identity, status, and location of cargo from origin (depot or vendor) to destination. It also receives near real-time position reports for conveyances equipped with various Satellite Tracking Systems (STS). Data from these two technologies is combined, processed, and accessed via web-based maps and reports, and provides global logistics support to the Joint Force.
All of this data is accessed via the RF-ITV Tracking Portal, the user interface to the ITV server. The portal provides information and creates reports such as:
- Weekly RFID Tag Count by Site
- Unit Move
- Shipments by Location
- Shipments by FEMA Region.
Visit the RF-ITV Tracking Portal
NEWS & TRICKS
Special Notice for RF-ITV PDK and PDK Lite Users
Per earlier guidance, PDK/PDK Lite users would be required to submit an Operational Needs Statement (ONS) and receive HQDA 3/5/7 approval prior to ordering new Iridium SIM cards. We have since been notified by HQDA G4 of an exception to that policy: Any equipment (e.g., PDK /PDK Lite/PDK II) with an approved LIN does not require an ONS.
Instructions for Ordering Portable Deployment Kits (PDKs) and Iridum SIM Cards
Return Unneeded Tags
Tag Return Policy (printable version)
RFID tags are reusable and recyclable. Upon receipt at final destination, remove and invert the tag battery to prevent further interrogation.
Any Supply Support Activity (SSA), Movement Control Team (MCT), Materials Management and Distribution Center (MMDC), Ammunition Supply Point (ASP), DOD agency, Aerial Port of Debarkation (APOD), Sea Port of Debarkation (SPOD), commercial carrier, or contractor/vendor run operations receiving RFID-tagged shipments must turn in excess RFID tags to the collection site in its AOR (NOTE: ANSI tags can no longer be used and are therefore excess). If you have unneeded or excess RFID tags, send them back to your Unit Movement Officer (UMO), SSA, any Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Distribution Services (formerly Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO)) location or return them to the following:
Consolidation Points for Excess RF Tags
Defense Distribution Depot Susquehanna
2001 Normandy Drive Door 113 - 134
New Cumberland, PA 17070-5002
1 (877) 352-2255
DLA Distribution San Joaquin
Receiving Warehouse 57
25600 South Chrisman Road
Tracy, CA 95304-5000
1 (877) DLA CALL (352-2255)/ DSN 661-7766/ COM (269) 961-7766
US DLA DIST GERMERSHEIM TCSP E
ATTN DDDE DE BLDG 7983
VORWERK FRIEDRICH STR 07274-965547
LINGENFELD DE 67360
Commercial Phone: 07274-96-5547
(From CONUS 0049-7274-96-5547)
DSN: (314) 581-5547
Military APO Address:
THEATER CONSOL AND SHIP PT EUROPE
CMR 425 Box 708
APO AE 09095-0700
(From CONUS 0049-7274-96-5547
GS Multi-Class Supply Support Activity
(RIC: W1F), Zone 2 - Bldg 540
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
APO AE 09366
DSN (318) 430-7080
Bagram Multi-Class Warehouse
(RIC: W8G), Bldg 33519-A
DSN (318) 481-5813
APO AE 09354
Kandahar Forward Issue and Turn-in Point (FITIP)
(RIC: W8D), Bldg 680
DSN (318) 421-5438
APO AE 09355
Commander, DDK, Unit 15758
ATTN: DDDK-T, APO, AP 96260-5759
The following statement MUST be placed on the side of the shipping package
"This package contains non-regulated lithium batteries."
Keeping Your RF-ITV Tracking Portal Account Updated
It is important for every user of the RF-ITV Tracking Portal to keep his or her profile information current and complete.
- In the top right corner of the home page, select My Profile from the User Profile menu
- Review and Update each field as needed. Fields with red asterisks are required fields
- For the IA Expiration Date field, enter the date that is one day prior to your IA Training Certificate Anniversary Date.
- Select the type of Server Maintenance/Network Outage notification messages you prefer to receive via email.
- Updates are required annually or as needed during the year.
- Users who do not update their profile within a year will be prompted to do so by the RF-ITV Tracking Portal.
- Logins by profiles that were updated between 330 and 365 days prior to account expiration date will be forwarded to the user profile page and prompted to review and update your profile information.
- Un-validated accounts that are inactive for more than 365 days will be locked. To unlock, contact the AMIS Service Desk. 1 (800) 877-7925.